Matthew Gordon Wells
Born. 1983, Wegberg
Living and working in Elgin, Moray
My primary concerns lie within the fields of drawing and painting. Often working in series, my interest in Classical art motifs and literature combine with trends in 20th Century painting to represent stories and events either from second hand sources or from stream of consciousness spontaneous activity. Currently exploring symbolism and allegory in drawing.
I have been the Art Technician at Gordonstoun School since 2006, in addition to which I have presented workshops in life drawing and various drawing techniques to a range of age groups.
- 2019-2021- MA Fine Art- Gray’s School of Art, RGU
- 2005- BA Hons Fine Art (painting)- Gray’s School of Art, RGU
- 2017- The Violet Hour- His Majesty’s Theatre, Aberdeen with Grampian Hospitals Art Trust
- 2016- Different Paths- Elgin Library Gallery, self curated group exhibition
- 2013- Derive and Detournement- IGLU, Inverness, group exhibition with Mother Tongue Collective
- 2010- Two Boots, Two Spoons, No Jam For The Workers- Elgin Library gallery, joint exhibition with Colin Robison